Growing up, I never would have guessed that I would become a wedding DJ – I didn’t even know it was an option. Strangely enough, I came to DJing through my IT career. When I was still in college, at the ripe old age of 20, I took a part-time tech job doing network upgrades for a big DJ agency near BWI. I was probably there for 3 weeks or so before someone asked if I would be interested in DJing a wedding. I thought it might be fun, so I agreed… and found a job I absolutely love.
I’ve always had a passion for music and a passion for business. I’m an entrepreneur and a tech geek, and being a wedding DJ gives me a chance to use all of my skills and talents in a creative way that makes people happy. This really is the best job on earth and I love what I do.
Even though I didn’t grow up knowing this is what I wanted to do with my life, I feel like I was born to do this. It’s the one profession I’ve found that combines music, business, technology, performing, people, and love. I would love to have the opportunity to work with you at your wedding and do what I love to do on your special day. Take a look at why you should hire me and then contact me to check my availability for your date.
Some random tidbits about me that you might find interesting:
- I lost almost 100 pounds in 2012 and have (mostly) kept it off!
- I am allergic to line dances. Seriously.
- I have two sons, Colin and Alex, and a daughter, Satori. Being a great dad is really important to me, which is one of the reasons I limit the number of bookings I take every year.
- I secretly (okay, not so secretly) also run MyDeejay, the Baltimore / Washington DC area’s #1 DJ agency.
- I love poetry and anything deeply philosophical and spiritual in general, so naturally anything by Rumi is my jam.
- I am a vegetarian and I’m obsessed with anything spicy, especially Indian and Ethiopian food. If you hand me something to eat, I’ll probably put habanero sauce on it first.